Search

Powered by Blogger.

Networked Blogs

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sticks and Stones Can Break Your Car

I'll have a recipe for crock pot chili later today, after I get a photo. First I have to deal with the little issue of finding a stick in the side of my car!

I had a meeting that lasted until late last night.  At about 10 p.m. I was driving home, and as I crested a hill near my house, on the other side was a branch that had fallen off a tree.  I hit it.  There was no way to avoid it because I came up on it so fast. I heard it hit the car, but with it being so late and so dark, I couldn't see anything when I got home.

This morning I got up to take my son to school, and when we walked out, there was a stick sticking out from the underneath and side of the car!

I was able to pull it loose.  It looks like it got lodged between a plastic protector and the metal on the door.  The car is running okay, but unfortunately I'm going to have to have it looked at to see if it tore up anything else.

I had an SUV, and now I have a little Prius Hybrid.  While I love the great gas mlieage, it's times like this that I miss having that taller vehicle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment