Search

Powered by Blogger.

Networked Blogs

Monday, October 1, 2012

Freezer to Crock Pot Cooking

A month or two ago I discovered freezer to crock pot cooking, and it has been life changing for me.

I tend to be on the frugal side and believe in trying to conserve resources any way possible. Some would call me a tightwad. I just call it being innovative.

Freezer to crock pot cooking appealed to me because I could prepare meals ahead of time, freeze them, and then the day I needed them, dump them in the crock pot and go. My family and I could come home to a hot meal that didn't require a lot of effort.

I check my local grocery store, Homeland, weekly to see what deals they have. Last week I found hamburger meat marked down, and I bought it!!

Now it was time to come up with some things to make.

Some meats can be frozen raw with recipes, but generally hamburger meat cannot because of the fat content. The meat must be cooked first and then added to recipes. Using the freezer to crock pot method, I looked at some recipes and decided to make them crock pot friendly.

I made:
 Two batches of tater tot casserole base.
 One batch of Mexican casserole base.
Two batches of taco meat.
One batch of Italian-seasoned meat.

I froze the remaining meat to be used for hamburger patties in the future.

My next few posts will provide the recipes for the above casseroles.

No comments:

Post a Comment