Search

Powered by Blogger.

Networked Blogs

Friday, November 2, 2012

Crock Pot Foil Packets for Veggies and Other Foods!



I love foil packet cooking, and I love my crock pot/slow cooker.  I especially love when I can combine the two!  Most people know they can use foil packets of foods in the oven or on the grill, but did you know they work for crock pots, too? How many packets you use and what you put in them is up to you!

Tonight, we were having roast beef with the traditional veggies in the crock pot.  However, I wanted to add a few more veggies to stretch the roast for a meal or two of leftovers but didn't want the vegetables them to pick up the flavor of the roast.  Enter foil packets!  

I chose green beans and kernel corn.  For both, I used canned veggies and drained all the liquid off.  I added butter, salt, and pepper.  I then sealed the packets and placed them on top of the roast and veggies to cook.  I put the top back on the slow cooker, and let them cook until the entire meal was done.  

This is a great way to get an entire meal in the crock pot if you have a long day ahead of you and don't want to worry about making side dishes when you get home!  When you're ready to eat, simply slit open the packets and serve the contents piping hot. 

The possibilities for these packets are endless!  I have also made potatoes in these packets by peeling and dicing them then adding a bit of chopped onion, salt, and pepper. 

You can cook anything in these packets that you would on a cook stove top or oven.  You can even cook fish in a packet!  Just put the fish in foil, add your seasonings, seal, and place in the slow cooker. 

Other for packets ideas include: 
Glazed carrots: Fresh or canned carrots, maple syrup, a little brown sugar, and a little butter.
Mixed veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and green beans. 
Baked beans:  Pork and beans with liquid drained, BBQ sauce, crumbled bacon, and brown sugar. 
Baked potatoes:  Clean and scrub small baking potatoes.  Leave peels on.  Coat them with olive oil and salt, then wrap in foil and place them on top of the other items.  If using larger potatoes, consider partially microwaving them before wrapping in foil and placing them in the crock pot.  
Corn on the Cob:  Remove silk, wrap tightly, and place in crock pot.

What can you think of to put in a packet?  Use your imagination! 

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. Do you have any information on how long to cook the various packets? Or what the equivalent time/temperature from a recipe for oven cooking?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting a LOT of bad stuff in there from both the foil and the cans your vegetables come in. Do your research. You're increasing your chances of Alzheimer's, as well as cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is similar to exceptionally straightforward yet it conveyed snappy that is you can comprehend which have had change the human life. This system is extremely basic of profiting with parallel exercises. CBD business Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you talking about? I can’t understand a thing you said.

      Delete
  4. There is so much that you can get from this. Keep up the good work on this. The future is very bright here. pompano beach condos for rent

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. cannabis business plan sample Europe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matter in this particular blog, One thing I would like to request you that pls keep posting such type of information blog. hemp cbd business plansample

    ReplyDelete
  7. This program will change my life. I agree with another poster where you should add a button to do another picture instead of close at the end. Full Mount Fish Replicas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have been consuming too much of your own cannabis. Your comment is incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete