Search

Powered by Blogger.

Networked Blogs

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Milk of Magnesia as a Makeup Primer

Why would anyone want to use a makeup primer?  Well, it helps your makeup go on smoother, lends staying power, absorbs oil, and can even help even out blemishes or uneven spots on your face.  Some are really expensive and some are midrange.  However, the least expensive and one of the best may very well be in your medicine cabinet.  It doesn't even have to be name brand, as generic works just as well.  Milk of magnesia (MOM) makes an excellent makeup primer and one small bottle can last for ages. 

I always dilute MOM slightly by applying it with a wet cotton ball.  The way you will use it depends on your skin type.  If you have dry skin, you will want to apply a moisturizer with sunscreen first and then apply the MOM over the top.  If you have oily skin, like me, you may want to apply it all over, and if you have oily skin in certain spots, you might want to just use it for those places.  

Apply the MOM then allow to dry.  If you have white splotches, just use the dampened cotton ball to swipe a little away.  Make sure your face is dry, then apply your foundation and makeup as usual.  I even carefully apply it to my eyelids, as it makes a great base/primer for eye shadow.

I tend to have oily skin.  Oftentimes, if I don't wear some type of oil absorbing something or other, my makeup will have practically faded away by the end of the day.  I use the MOM for makeup staying power.  

How often to use this is up to you.  Some people have said it has actually helped their complexion by absorbing oil and smoothing skin tone.  I have also seen some people say that if they use this and wear it for a very long time it can cause breakouts, so try it to see how it works for you.  

My personal experience has been that it provides an excellent base for makeup, allowing it to go on smoother.  It's helped my oily skin problem, and my makeup has been fresh and pretty at the end of the day.  It's easy to obtain, inexpensive, and it can help provide flawless makeup application. 

9 comments:

  1. I recently discovered your blog and have now been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.home remedies for child constipation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. CoQ10 Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there what exactly a terrific write-up I've obtained learn and also really feel us For any good and also watching out at this time there due to this identical type of write-up intended for earlier weekly and also hardly came on this distinct. Thanks a lot and will try to find a lot more posts via a particular person. Best ganja mail order BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. For many people this is important, so check out my profile: OrganicDonkey Milk Soap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool you write, the information is very good and interesting, I'll give you a link to my site. OrganicDonkey Milk Soap

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very good, but look at the information at this address. OrganicDonkey Milk cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi what brilliant post I've encounter and imagine everyone Image looking out due to this similar sort of post with regard to earlier 7 days and scarcely found this specific. Many thanks very much and will try to find additional postings coming from an individual. 1929 California license plate custom text

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd certainly will talk about this blog with my group. I would mention that most of us visitors are really endowed to exist here while Many individuals will feel very much helped. Organic fresh mango - Naturessoulshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome, I never noticed you could publish about it, excellent to know thanks! You show very latest and problems. This is very awesome post! I will save this weblog. METHYL CARBAZATE

    ReplyDelete