Search

Powered by Blogger.

Networked Blogs

Friday, January 4, 2013

Pasta with Grilled Chicken, Tomatoes, and Black Olives - Creative Cooking

I've been craving carbs like crazy. Sometimes a girl just wants her pasta.  We also had leftover grilled chicken.  What better way to get my carb fix than to whip up a tomatoey sauce for spaghetti along with the grilled chicken?  I can't think of much better than that! 

If we're having a busy week or, as in this week I've been sick, the hubster sometimes buys a giant pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and grills all of them at once so that we can store them in the fridge.  We warm them up, slice them up into sandwiches, or, as in this case, add them to other dishes.  I love combining them with other ingredients to make stir fry or toppings for pasta.  

These were ingredients I had in my pantry.  I made this because I wanted a sauce that was on the lighter side.  I also wasn't in the mood for a creamy sauce, so this is what I made.  It came out very well!

PASTA WITH CHICKEN, TOMATOES, AND BLACK OLIVES
1-2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1 tablespoon cooking oil such as olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced 
1 medium onion, chopped 
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil 
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 can (14 oz?) Italian flavored diced tomatoes, drained (usually says flavored with basil, oregano, and onion)
sliced black olives
parmesan cheese to taste

 4-6 servings of spaghetti or other pasta, cooked

Place oil in large skillet and heat.  Add garlic, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.  Stir for a few seconds to heat and saturate spices.  Add chicken breast and onion. Stir to coat, and allow chicken to heat through, 1-2 minutes.  Add tomatoes, stir, then allow any liquid from the tomatoes to reduce down.  Serve over spaghetti, top with black olives, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve with crusty bread and salad.

2 comments:

  1. It is really a nice post which captured the entire topic of description with detailed explanation. i have put it in my favorite list and will return again for new topics as well. herbalcoast variable battery usb charger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Creatine Singapore

    ReplyDelete