Search

Powered by Blogger.

Networked Blogs

Monday, January 7, 2013

Crackle Glass Pebble Pendants - Simple Gifts

This is one of those crafts that you make, and it's very gratifying.  These pendants are so pretty, and they are so versatile that they can easily become your favorite accessory.  I made several that were just clear glass, and the people who received them as gifts immediately said they were their go-to item when they needed a simple but elegant accessory. 

These are made with glass pebbles that are found in the floral and decorating department at places like Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, and Michaels.  You can find several colors to accessorize your outfits, represent a birth month, or they can look festive and fun for an upcoming holiday.  

Bake them in the oven, shock them into cracking with ice water, glue on a bail, and poof you're done!  See the specific instructions below.  Now have some fun! 

Here's how to make them.  

Crackle Glass Pebble Pendants
  • Glass pebbles (I do many at a time so that I have them ready made)
  • Wire glue-on bails (instructions on how to make these HERE)
  • E6000 glue or Super Glue
  • Chain, ribbon, or leather for necklace 
  • Bowl of ice water 
  • Cookie sheet or aluminum pan 
  • Towel 

INSTRUCTIONS:  Place the glass pebbles in a pan in a single layer.  I do several at a time to save on energy and to make sure I have them ready for future crafts.  Place the glass pebbles in the oven, and turn it to 500 degrees.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Have ice water ready.  When pebbles come out of the oven, immediately dump them into the ice water.  They will sizzle, bubble, and some may even break, but the rest will begin to crackle.  Leave in the water for about 5-10 minutes, to allow pebbles to cool completely and finish crackling process.  Remove from water and drain on a towel. 

When ready to make, flip pebble over, and glue on one bail using E6000 glue, centering so pendant will hang evenly. 
Allow to dry/cure for 4 hours, preferably 24 hours.  Flip over and add necklace, then wear.  These are adorable as short pendants strung on a ribbon choker, or worn as a long statement necklace.  


26 comments:

  1. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all important info's. home remedies for child constipation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some truly excellent blog posts on this internet site, thanks for contribution. "Always aim for achievement, and forget about success." Automobile Engineering Courses Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Coenzyme Q10 Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely thoughtful that i review this kind of. It's very valuable and incredibly useful and I truly realized a great deal coming from of which. Best supplier of black galaxy granite

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great review of the digital publishing models. This was really very interesting and fun to read. They are impressive and has a lot of useful information. Best medical marijuana dispensary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of these web pages is very useful and fun to find out concerning few days event. When i appreciated whatever you does in this article. When i savored every little portion of the concept. We have been generally looking to find useful facts like this. cannabis cultivation businessplan Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all of the so-called web sites We've got accomplished recognize within numerous websites with this trouble, this may be a virtually all detailed plus well-known one even today. When i rely on evaluating further facts in this manner one. how to start a cannabis business

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding and good post. I found these many useful, to what My spouse and i ended up being just trying to find. Many thanks with regard to like post and please continue. pompano beach condos for rent

    ReplyDelete
  9. As i unquestionably taking pleasure in just about every chunk of which. This is a great website and also wonderful discuss. I'd like to a lot thanks. Helpful job! An individual people commence a great website, and now have some terrific product. Conserve the exceptional run. 4Runner Online Today

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers intended for providing close to. Ones write-up could be developed inside of a serious fantastic way and also yes it will take quite a few effective facts to my opinion. Fish Mount Combination Packages

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enthusiastic. Every one of us examining for most webpages and also the partner and also my spouse and i definitely found which using this. Beautiful item. I like and so content. Will be able to for sure tool passenger trucks this type of position is possible using this you may... work with a high quality being familiar with above all else each time trip through the use of him or her. רדיאטורים לרכב

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic and also enjoyable post. Excellent issues you've got usually distributed to all of us. Cheers. Just continue producing this type of write-up. cbdoil extraction lab business plan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great run! This is often the kind involving facts that needs to be spread around the world-wide-web. cannabis business plan Australia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! Such a incredible write-up this really is. This write-up could be way too damn effective. My spouse and i seriously find it irresistible with the technique you've got composited your own personal submitting can be fantastic. Hold producing Buy Stress And Anxiety Ayurvedic Medicines Online

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice blog. This site always provides ideal blogs on the internet. I can not remember 1 time We have study a bad blog right here. Awesome operate! Continue the good work! Digital Signage Players

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is actually the undoubtedly great paperwork personally, since i have particular person really make this happen on the net process which can be the reason my partner and we desires quickly Website link using the internet, the majority of us determine ways of bots internet speed joined with i reach that features a best spot. mobile car detailing perth northern suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Face Cleanser Brush

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow really a great post is here to whom I was searching for a long time and now I found it here, today I am feeling glad after finding this precious post and also would like to say thanks to Author of this blog for his good work and hope that you will be keep posting such type of information Article. Vegan store - Naturessoulshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best article. The amount if information here is sufficient and as needed. I know many people will appreciate this but they won’t comment about that. Tempo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. pool fence nz

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me. beauty remedies for face

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will locate that extremely useful. Pyrimidine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. best online shoe shops

    ReplyDelete
  24. I all the time used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of net thus from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web. Take a look at my homepage.. baby red christmas dress

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. visa de canadá para estadounidenses

    ReplyDelete
  26. It happens to be afterwards finding this kind of reply. At the very least, it's an area on trips understand now we have this kind of attributes really is usually based. The wholesale formula review

    ReplyDelete